Thursday 3 January 2013

A year in review


2012 will be remembered for many sporting triumphs, not least the heroic efforts at the Olympics and the amazing European team victory at the Ryder Cup in the US. From my perspective, I was grateful to be at The Curtis Cup in Nairn and the Irish Open in Royal Portrush to witness the passion of the crowds and some incredible outcomes.

More significantly, I was proud so see my images being used by Nairn and the Northern Ireland Tourist Board in the run-up to these events. Similarly, one of this year’s highlights was being taken into the impressive dining hall at Royal Lytham & St Annes during the Open Championship to inspect my images which are now hanging in this magnificent room. Those images were also used by the club and the R&A during the build-up to the event.

It was also gratifying to fulfil special commissions for Glenmorangie and Ralph Lauren during what was to be a busy week in July.

Later in the year, I headed out to Spain to shoot La Manga’s three courses which proved to be a special treat, as was the news that my 2013 St Andrews Links Trust calendar sold out two months before the end of 2012. Adding to my portfolio with entries from Portugal, France, Germany, Ireland, England and Scotland and visits to Turkey, Holland and Sweden, it was a busy but fulfilling year.

Most of all, I will remember 2012 as a year in which I was able to travel the world doing something I love and contributing (either pictorially, editorially or both) to some very fine magazines.

Here’s hoping 2013 will be as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...